Imagine waking up on the first Easter Monday. Can there be any greater contrast than the despair of Easter Saturday and the joy of Easter Monday? Human circumstances and emotions change so quickly. Think of the despair of someone whose relative has just died and the joy of someone who has just been released from ICU. But the resurrection is the one constant in an ever-changing world. In the words of the old hymn – “Change and decay, in all around I see, O Thou who changest not, Abide with me”.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Russia –The number of confirmed cases is 15,770 with 130 deaths of those with Covid 19. After a slow start, hospitals in Moscow have reported being overwhelmed this weekend.
- Western Australia – now has 517 cases (up from 453 a week ago) with 6 deaths (up 3). Australia has a whole this has gone up to 6,322 (up 33 – another record low). There have been 59 deaths. 3,338 people have recovered.
- The government scientists and medical advisors who have to make longer-term plans based upon the limited knowledge they have.
- Church conference and convention leaders who have had to cancel a number of events and are unsure about the coming months.
- Husbands and wives as they seek to live and cope together in this changed situation. Pray especially for marriages where there is strain and difficulty.
A Prayer of Repentance: Searcher of hearts, it is a good day to me when you give me a glimpse of myself; sin is my greatest evil, but you are my greatest good; I have cause to loathe myself, and not to seek self honour, for no one desires to commend his own dunghill. My country, family, church fare worse because of my sins… Give me grace to recall my needs” (from The Valley of Vision).
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: O Lord God, Teach me to know that grace precedes, accompanies, and follows my salvation, that it sustains the redeemed soul, that not one link of its chain can never break. From Calvary’s cross wave upon wave of grace reaches me, deals with my sin, washes me clean, renews my heart, strengthens my will, draws out my affection, kindles a flame in my soul,” (From the Valley of Vision)