Prayers From Psalms
Psa. 1:1-3 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, 2but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. 3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers.
The psalms are the prayer book that Jesus used. Like most Jewish boys he would have memorized them as a child. As a result he used them throughout his ministry – even on the Cross. They are the prayers and songs which speak of him. What a wonderful aid they are to prayer for us! If you don’t know what to pray – use the Psalms! You will know the blessing of Psalm 1…
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Philippines –The number of confirmed cases is 9,684 with 637 deaths of those with Covid 19. There is concern about the level of police brutality – with over 30,000 people arrested for breaking curfew rules.
- The ACT – now has had 107 cases (up 1 from a week ago) with 3 deaths (up 0). Total Australian cases total 6,849 (up 25 in a day – mostly because of a cluster in Melbourne). There have been 96 deaths (up 1). 5,889 people have recovered (up 30). 66 are in hospital (27 in ICU). 664,716 people have been tested with 1.0% being positive.
- The one million plus Australians who have lost their jobs.
- Leaders of Christian charities who are having to lay off staff. Give thanks for the job keeper project which has allowed many staff to be retained.
- Those evaluating what they will do in terms of their work when things return to ‘the new normal’. Pray for guidance.
A Prayer of Repentance: Lord, for too often we have sat in the company of mockers or followed the way of sinners. We have walked in step with the wicked because we are scared to be different. We do not mediate on your word day and night. The good that we want to do, we do not do…and the evil we don’t want to do, we give into doing. Who shall deliver us from the body of death? – thanks be to God – our Lord Jesus Christ!
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Lord Jesus – What a privilege that you have given us your word! What a joy that you cause us to drink from your river of delights. You feed us…sustain us and enable us to prosper. Thank you that you are a God who not only asks for fruit, but gives us the means to produce that fruit. Make us a fruitful, prosperous people. For your glory. Amen.