Prayers From Philippians
Phil. 4:20-22 To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Greet all God’s people in Christ Jesus. The brothers and sisters who are with me send greetings. 22 All God’s people here send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar’s household.
What a beautiful way for Paul to end his letter and for us to end a prayer. We seek glory being brought to God and we greet one another in Christ Jesus. During this current crisis we may not be able to greet one another with a holy kiss, but we can greet one another. I love the fact that Paul, in prison, mentions the fact that there are those brothers and sisters who are in Caesar’s palace. The Lord’s people are everywhere. Let’s pray….
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Bangladesh –The number of confirmed cases is 10,143 with 182 deaths of those with Covid 19. Bangladesh is a crowded densely populated poor country – 160 million people. The actual number of Covid 19 deaths may be much higher.
- New South Wales – now has had 3033 cases (up 29 from a week ago) with 42 deaths (up 8). Restrictions have begun to be eased. Australia has a whole this has gone up to 6,824 (up 24 in a day – 19 of these are from the Melbourne meat processing plant). There have been 95 deaths (up 0). 5,859 people have recovered (up 42). 70 are in hospital (28 in ICU). 650,214 people have been tested with 1.0% being positive.
- Restaurant and café owners and workers – as they look forward to returning to some kind of work and business.
- Children who are missing Sunday school and want to be with their friends again.
- That those Christians who find ourselves with more time on our hands would use that time wisely and not fall into the trap of just binge watching the Internet!
Our Father in Heaven, How often we seek our own glory and not yours. How often we think only of ourselves and forget to greet, share with and care for our brothers and sisters. How often we forget that you have your people everywhere. Help us to remember one another and most of all to seek your glory. In Jesus name. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Our Heaven in Heaven, We thank you for answered prayer. We praise you that we live in a country where this dreadful plague has not taken hold. In your mercy we have been spared. Grant that your mercy to us would continue and help us not to take life for granted. Continue to give wisdom and strength to our civic leaders and grant that a vaccine may soon be found. Remember those who have been so disadvantaged by the economic effects – especially the poor. Have mercy O Lord…Amen.