Psalm. 30:6-7 (NIV) When I felt secure, I said, “I will never be shaken.”
LORD, when you favoured me, you made my royal mountainstand firm;
but when you hid your face,I was dismayed.
That feeling of security is something that every child knows – or should know. Being safe in your fathers and mothers’ arms. The security of the believer is a thousand times more secure than that. Let’s pray in the security of Christ – not our own.
“Men are a race curious to know the lives of others but slow to correct their own. Why do they desire to hear from me what I am, who are unwilling to hear from you what they are?” (Augustine)
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Colombia – The number of confirmed cases is 31, 935 with 1,057deaths of those with Covid 19. Lockdown is due to remain in place until at least July.
2. The Northern Territories –now has had 29 cases (up 0 from a week ago) with 0 deaths (up 0). NT is restarting stadium sports with crowds next week. In Australia there have been 7,229 cases (up 8). There have been 102 deaths (up 0) –6,640 people have recovered (up 15). 25 are in hospital (5 in ICU). 1,512,700 people have been tested with 0.5% being positive.
3. For the Church in China – facing increasing persecution and discrimination.
4. Most countries are now preparing for re-opening without a Covid 19 virus – which still appears to be a long way off.
5. Christian lawyers – who have a difficult job – seeking to live for Christ and keep the law of the Lord and the law of the land.
A Prayer of Repentance: Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me; LORD, be my help.”
You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
LORD my God, I will praise you forever. (Ps 30:10-12)
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
I will exalt you, LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead; you spared me from going down to the pit.
Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people; praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favour lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:1-5)