Psalm 29 :1-4 (NIV) Ascribe to the LORD, you heavenly beings, ascribe to the LORD gloryand strength. 2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendour of his holiness.3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic.
Prayer is praise. Like the angels we praise the Lord with our voices for his voice. He spoke and the universe came into being. Jesus spoke and the wind and the waves were calmed. The Spirit speaks through the word he inspired. We pray for him to speak again into our broken and battered world. The voice of the Lord is powerful and majestic.
“What cries I used to send up to you in those psalms, and how was I inflamed towards you by them, on fire to set them sounding throughout the whole world, if it were possible against the pride of the human race!” (Augustine)
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Portugal – The number of confirmed cases is 32,895 with 1,436 deaths of those with Covid 19. ‘Although there are a steady number of cases and deaths Portugal is now moving out of lockdown – and like much of the rest of the world now learning to live with Covid.
2. Western Australia –now has had 591 cases (up 28 from a week ago) with 9 deaths (up 0). Most of the new cases have come from one ship. In Australia there have been 7,221 cases (up 17). There have been 102 deaths (down 1 – not because of a resurrection but because the death of the Queensland 30-year-old was wrongly attributed to Covid). 6,625 people have recovered (up 6). 26 are in hospital (4 in ICU). 1,490,387 people have been tested with 0.5% being positive.
3. Continue to remember the situation in Hong Kong – where the Chinese Communist Party is taking advantage of the world being distracted with Covid – in order to suppress those who want democracy and the two systems one country situation to remain.
4. The Australian federal government has announced it will invest $66 million into vaccine research and antiviral medications, in an attempt to ensure Australia is better prepared in the event of another pandemic.
5. Pray for Christians involved in the health service – that they may be salt and light.
A Prayer of Repentance: Lord Jesus, For the bad things we have said, thought and done – we ask forgiveness. For the good things we have failed to say, think and do – we ask forgiveness. In your name. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
You sit enthroned over the flood;
You are enthroned as King forever.
You give strength to your people;
You, O Lord, blesses your people with peace. ( From Ps 29:10-11)
We give thanks.