Prayers: Matt. 6:9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven, Hallowed by your name,
Your Kingdom Come, Your Will be Done
On earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread
And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors
And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil
For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”
The doxology at the end of the Lord’s Prayer is a good reminder to us that it is His kingdom, His power and His glory we are concerned about – not ours. The prayer begins with God and ends with God. Have you ever noticed how often our prayers begin with us and end with us? It takes a heart change for us to be able to refocus our prayers so that we can pray as Jesus did. May the Lord change our hearts!
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Sweden – has 5,568 confirmed cases and 308 deaths with Covid 19. Sweden is taking a different approach from most European countries. They are keeping the economy going and most of the country open in the hope that they will develop a herd immunity. Pray that this will be successful.
- Tasmania – Now has 71 cases (up from 34 just over a week ago). Tasmania has taken advantage of its status as an island to completely separate the State and have the strictest lockdown laws. Pray for the governor, Kate Warner.
- The police as they have to enforce new laws and maintain law and order in a tense and difficult situation. Pray that they would be granted wisdom, compassion and balance.
- Sunday School teachers – as they minister to their children largely through the Internet. May they be encouraged by their interaction with the children.
- All those in the world (now over 1 million confirmed cases) who are afflicted with Covid 19.
A Prayer of Repentance: Our Father in Heaven, forgive us when we put our kingdom, power and glory in place of yours. Create in us a new heart and new desires. Amen
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Lord, we thank you that the number of new cases in Australia is going down. May this continue to zero…and may the rest of the world have a similar experience. Amen.