Prayers From Philippians
Phil. 4:8-9 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
What a great piece of practical advice – think about what is noble, true, right, pure, lovely, admirable and put into practice what we have learned from the Apostles. Far too often we are not able to progress because we spend too much time thinking about the negative, false, wrong and impure. How we think and how we act are at the core of our Christian faith. And note the lovely promise – the God of peace will (not might) be with you!
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Ukraine –The number of confirmed cases is 10,861 with 272 deaths of those with Covid 19. Ukraine is under lockdown for at least another two weeks. Facemasks in public places are compulsory.
- Western Australia – now has had 551 cases (up 3 from a week ago) with 8 deaths (up 1). WA has begun to ease restrictions but interstate borders remain closed. Australia has a whole has gone up to 6,767 (up 5 in a day). There have been 93 deaths (up 1). 5,745 people have recovered (up 32). 83 are in hospital (28 in ICU). 588,868 people have been tested with 1.1% being positive.
- Those who are preparing to get married and may have had their plans for the wedding disrupted.
- Teenagers (and their parents) who may find themselves struggling with being restricted to home and even missing school!
- Some Christians who may be struggling to fulfill Paul’s injunction to think about what is good, pure and true and find ourselves plagued with negative and destructive thoughts. Pray for a renewal of minds.
A Prayer of Repentance: Lord Jesus, You are the pure one, the Holy one, and the good one. You are the truth. Yet we confess that our thoughts, even about you, are negative at times. Help us to think about you and all that you are. May it be that as we think of you, it would drive out those thoughts which are negative, destructive and evil. Help us not to even think of them, but rather to focus on your goodness and love. Amen
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: O Lord Jesus. We rejoice and give you thanks that you call us brothers and sisters. That you give us your beauty, truth, love, grace and righteousness. And that we can see that in others. You have not left us on our own but have sent us your Spirit. You are always with us. Help us to see, know and experience that. Amen.