Prayers From Philippians
Phil. 3:17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. 18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Paul tells us that we are to live up to what we have already attained. And he urges us to follow good Christian models and not those who live the as enemies of the cross of Christ. At this time of crisis many tend to focus on what country they belong to. For Paul that is largely irrelevant – he is actually a Roman citizen but he is far more concerned about being a citizen of heaven and living as such. He is looking forward to the ultimate makeover – our renewed bodies in the Kingdom of Heaven. As we pray let us remember who is our King and which kingdom we belong to.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Belarus –The number of confirmed cases is 12,208 with 79 deaths of those with Covid 19. Belarus is the only country in Europe which still has its national football league playing and as a result is getting fans from all over the world!
- Tasmania – now has had 217 cases (up 5 from a week ago – compared with an increase of 150 the week before) with 11 deaths (up 8). Australia has a whole this has gone up to 6,738 (up 13 in a day). There have been 88 deaths (up 5). 5,626 people have recovered (up 40). 109 are in hospital (42 in ICU). 530,679 people have been tested.
- Research scientists from all over the world who are looking for a vaccine.
- The many Christian podcasters. Pray that they would be faithful to their Lord and calling and that many non- Christians would listen in.
- Some of us are tired and weary and need a fresh ‘soul refreshing view of Jesus and his Word’. Pray for that refreshing and anointing.
A Prayer of Repentance: Lord Jesus…we confess that rather than live as citizens of your Kingdom we have been those who have lived as enemies of your Cross. We pray that you would enable us to repent, to turn and become your ambassadors for your Kingdom in this world, for your glory, Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Lord Jesus – We thank you for the blessing of those who are models to us. It is wonderful that we see you in others. Lord increase the number of our Godly friends and enable us to be such to others, in your name, Amen.