Psalm 18: 16-19 He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support.19 He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
Sometimes parts of Scripture have a particular meaning for you. Psalm 18 for me will forever be associated with the narrow escape from death of my two oldest children. The day it happened we read this Psalm and we realised how God had reached down and drawn them out of deep waters. The Lord rescues us and brings us into a ‘spacious place’. Let’s praise him for his liberty and delight.
“a life lived in Christ becomes in the true sense a life of unceasing prayer” (A.W Tozer)
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Chile – The number of confirmed cases is 61,857 with 630 having passed away of those with Covid 19. It looks as though South America is becoming the new epicenter of the virus. First it was China, then Europe, then the US, now South America.
- Tasmania – now has had 228 cases (up 1 from a week ago) with 13 deaths (up 0). In Australia there have been 7,095 cases (up 16). There have been 101 deaths (up 1). 6,479 people have recovered (up 7). 39 are in hospital (7 in ICU). 1,170,682 people have been tested with 0.6% being positive.
- Pray for our political leaders. That they would not squabble amongst themselves, engage in power struggles or virtue signaling; but instead think about what is best for their people, rather than their careers or thinking about how they will look in public inquiries that will undoubtedly come.
- Many of the drugs that are being suggested for curing Covid (as opposed to preventing it – which would be a vaccine) are those which have been developed for other conditions. Trials are currently being carried out on several of them.
- For those who suffer from other illnesses – cancer, heart disease and many others which will still far out weigh the number of Covid deaths. Pray that people would not be put off seeking treatment.
A Prayer of Repentance: Lord, forgive us when we are cold hearted and callous to others. Forgive us when we are cold hearted and careless towards you. Warm our hearts, grant us love and fill us with your Holy Spirit, Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: We thank you O Lord, that you have brought us into a spacious place – that we have freedom in Christ and that we have been set free to serve you with joy. Enable us to use this great gift. In Jesus name…Amen.