Psalm 16: 8-11 I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
In a world that is being shaken, the Christian is someone who is secure. We can rejoice because we know that we will not be abandoned to the realm of the dead. The resurrection of Jesus is the guarantee of our resurrection. We are promised joy and eternal pleasures – what a great basis for prayer. We pray in that confidence.
“Not to pray when we should pray is like failing to open a letter full of good news” (A.W Tozer)
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Saudi Arabia – The number of confirmed cases is 62,545 with 339 of those with Covid 19. Mecca and Medina are closed. It is not clear why the death rate is so low. Perhaps because of a different way of calculating Covid deaths?
- New South Wales – now has had 3,081 cases (up 28 from a week ago) with 47 deaths (up 3). This is the first week of relaxed restrictions with libraries, museums etc. due to open next week. In Australia there have been 7,079 cases (up 13). There have been 100 deaths (up 1). 6,444 people have recovered (up 33). 43 are in hospital (9 in ICU). 1,111,567 people have been tested with 0.6% being positive.
- For hairdressers and others who work in close proximity with general members of the public.
- Covid vaccine testing is to start in Australia next week – https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-nvxcov2373-vaccine-testing-to-start-in-australia-by-nucleus-network/43f9310c-5ed6-4537-8cf7-e37095bfbff2
- For our neighbours. Have we been good neighbours to those around us? How can we serve them best?
A Prayer of Repentance: O God, whose never failing providence orders all things both in heaven and earth We humbly beseech you to put away from us all hurtful things, and to give us those things which are profitable for us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Book of Common Prayer)
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Our blessed Lord Jesus, You are the Living One! And by your life we live. By your resurrection we know that we will be resurrected. You make known to us the path of life. You fill us with joy. Enable us O Lord to live in that security and joy….in your name. Amen.