Prayers From Philippians
Phil. 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
We pray in the name of Jesus. If I ask something in the name of the government, or the name of my family, or the name of my company – that request often carries an extra ring of authority. But when we ask in the name of Jesus – it is of a different order altogether! Every tongue will eventually acknowledge Jesus – we do so now. And thus we have access to the King of Kings. Now. Let’s use it!
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Saudi Arabia –The number of confirmed cases is 10,484 with 103 deaths of those with Covid 19. 150 members of the Saudi royal family have Covid 19. The mosques at Mecca and Medina are now closed.
- The ACT – now has 104 cases (up 1 from a week ago) with 3 deaths (up 1). Australia has a whole this has gone up to 6,625 (up 13 in a day). There have been 71 deaths (up 1). 4,258 people have recovered (up 38).
- Teachers and staff as many prepare to return to school in the next couple of weeks.
- School chaplains as they face the many pastoral concerns and profound questions in their work.
- Children who are either going back to school, or continuing to do classes at home. Pray that they would have a renewed enthusiasm and be able to settle back into school work soon.
A Prayer of Repentance: Lord God, we confess that so often we do things and ask for things in our name. We think you have to give to us because of who we are. Teach us to depend on your mercy and ask in your name. Enable us to plead the name and merits of Christ, rather than our own, in his Name – Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Lord Jesus Christ – what a beautiful name! There is no other name given to us by which we can be saved. We bless you that you call us by name and that we are called after you. We are Christians – your ones! May we understand more and more who you are. May we know the name that is above every name. May we know your love, grace, mercy and compassion, in Your Name we ask it. Amen.