Psalm 15 LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent? Who may live on your holy mountain? 2 The one whose walk is blameless, who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from their heart.
If we can only come before God blameless – then who of us would dare? The answer is every believer! Because we are washed, we are cleansed, we come dressed in the robes of the righteousness of Christ. We don’t come in our own name. We come in his.
“Remember that without prayer you cannot win. With prayer you cannot lose.” (A.W Tozer)
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Canada – The number of confirmed cases is 80,491 with 6,025 passing away of those with Covid 19. There is a gradual reopening of much of Canadian society – although the vital border with the US will remain closed for another month.
- South Australia – now has had 439 cases (up 0 from a week ago) with 4 deaths (up 0). There is dispute about whether the state should open its border to other Australian states. In Australia there have been 7,068 cases (up 9). There have been 99 deaths (up 0). 6,411 people have recovered (up 22). 47 are in hospital (11 in ICU). 1,085,870 people have been tested with 0.7% being positive.
- For those who have to make decisions about opening and closing borders. The UK is now going to close its borders. Italy to open theirs. There is controversy in Australia about opening internal borders.
- The UK government has pledged an extra $150 million to find a Covid 19 vaccine – in exchange for the first 30 million doses.
- Pray for Christian fathers and husbands as they seek to lead their homes in prayer and worship. That these ‘little churches’ would be a blessing to all the family and to those who visit and to neighbours.
A Prayer of Repentance: Lord of all power and might, who is the author and giver of all good things; Graft in our hearts the love of your Name, increase in us true religion, nourish us with all goodness, and of your great mercy keep us in the same; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Book of Common Prayer)
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Father of forgiveness. We bless you that you are too holy and pure to look upon evil. Yet you look upon us. We thank you that you look upon us as being in your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. We thank you for his atonement – for the blood of Jesus that cleanses from all sin. So we stand before you as forgiven, cleansed and holy. Enable us to live as such, In Jesus name. Amen.