Prayers From Philippians
Phil. 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
The number 40 is a significant number in the Bible. We are now in our 40th day of united prayer and it has been a blessing to so many. The Lord is answering prayer. Today’s passage from Philippians is a superb text for us to have as a motto for prayer. Rejoice…be gentle….don’t be anxious…present your requests to God…and you will know the peace of God which transcends all understanding.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- United Arab Emirates –The number of confirmed cases is 12,481 with 105 deaths of those with Covid 19. Covid 19 was introduced into the UAE, as in so many other countries with a lot of international travel, by travellers from Wuhan. The rate has increased in recent weeks.
- Victoria – now has had 1361 cases (up 24 from a week ago) with 18 deaths (up 2). Victoria is maintaining the strictest lockdown in Australia. Australia has a whole this has gone up to 6,762 (up 16 in a day). There have been 92 deaths (up 2). 5,713 people have recovered (up 44). 89 are in hospital (34 in ICU). 563,641 people have been tested with 1.2% being positive.
- Sailors and those who work on ships – still the primary means of goods being transported round the world. Especially those who work on cruise ships – the most infected areas in the world.
- Church administrative staff who are often still working in offices and are keeping the organisation and finances together.
- For Christians who are anxious about being anxious. We know verses like ‘rejoice in the Lord always’ but they seem to serve to condemn rather than liberate us. May we be granted true liberation and health of body, soul and mind.
A Prayer of Repentance: Our Father in Heaven, we confess that we are not gentle, rejoicing, prayerful people. It’s no wonder we don’t experience your peace. Enable us to use the means you have given us, access to your throne of grace, to receive that peace and grace. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: O Lord, we rejoice in you. We exult in you. You are near. You will never leave us or forsake us. There is no pit so deep that you have not gone deeper still. We plead with you about this virus and the whole world situation arising. And we thank you for the prayers you have already answered and that underneath are your everlasting arms. We praise your name. Amen.