Psalm 13: 1-6 How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your facefrom me? 2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?…………..5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.6 I will sing the LORD’S praise, for he has been good to me.
It’s ok for us to express questions and doubts to God. If we are for real then we will tell the Lord all the struggles that we have. The one place where it is both impossible and unnecessary to pretend is in prayer. God knows. We pray our doubts because we know that ultimately they will end in praise.
“I can’t delegate my prayer. Nobody else can do my praying for me, unless I’m unconscious” (A.W Tozer)
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Peru – The number of confirmed cases is 92,273 with 2,648 of those passing away from Covid 19. Peru has had a very strict and somewhat bizarre lockdown. Masks and gloves are compulsory. There was a gender rotation of men being allowed out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Women on the other days. This has not halted the spread.
- Western Australia – now has had 554 cases (up 2 from a week ago) with 9 deaths (up 0). Restrictions are gradually being lifted. In Australia there have been 7,045 cases (up 9). There have been 98 deaths (up 0). 6,367 people have recovered (up 5). 50 are in hospital (16 in ICU). 1,042,126 people have been tested with 0.7% being positive.
- The ABC and other national media who have a responsibility to report truthfully and yet face the same dangers and prejudices as any of us.
- It was Australian scientists who developed the vaccine for the 2009 Swine flu epidemic. One concern is that this vaccine was monopolised by the wealthier nations at the expense of the poorest. Pray that a vaccine is both found and fairly distributed.
- Outdoor gyms and other exercise groups are beginning to happen again. Pray for the physical well being of all who need exercise.
A Prayer of Repentance: Destroy O God, the dark guest within whose hidden presence makes my life a hell. Yet you have not left me here without any grace; The cross still stands and meets my needs at the deepest straits of my soul. We bless you. Amen. (The Valley of Vision)
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Heavenly Father, My faith is in you. My love goes out towards you. I believe you, accept your Word, acquiesce in your will, rely on your promises, trust in your providence. You are good and the giver of good. Thank you. Amen.